- Effective Negotiation Skills (Delivered Virtually)
Effective Negotiation Skills (Delivered Virtually)
If you believe you are a naturally great negotiator... you’ve made the first fatal error in negotiations. The people who get the worst deals on products and services are the ones who go in with the bold idea that they can out-negotiate anybody with their natural skills.
- How do you improve your wins in your specific profession?
- How do you improve your wins in your business environment?
- How do you improve your wins in your personal life?
This is a hands-on course that will improve your skills from 20% to 100% with internal and external customers, people in your personal life and in your career. You will gain a keen understanding of the best way to negotiate in every situation.
You will walk away with practical skills on how to...
- Know when to negotiate and when to walk away.
- Get what you want, even when you are forced to make concessions.
- Move from negotiating from positions to negotiating needs.
- Negotiate effectively with people who are determined to make you lose.
- Establish a common language within your team.
- Effectively negotiate up and down the chain of command.
- Understand and increase your personal power.
- Become more assertive in your communication.
“The Olsen Group's approach to negotiation skills is unique. This is not a course about how to dicker over price. Rather, his emphasis is on simple, yet powerful, preparation stressing three main points: knowing what you want from the negotiation, understanding your role and staying aware of how you feel. This emphasis on self-awareness, coupled with the sensitivity to perceive your negotiating partner's mode of interaction and the skill to apply a variety of tactics appropriately form the crux of the course. Don't miss it!”
—Anthony Nicoli, Aerospace Director
Program Agenda (Live Instructor Led Course Delivered Virtually)
- Session 1: Temperament Analysis Survey & Report; includes debrief with a negotiation skills coach (30 minutes)
- Session 2: Become more assertive and confident in your communication (90 minutes)
- Session 3: Increase your negotiation power (90 minutes)
- Session 4: Recognize, counter, and neutralize win/lose tactics (90 minutes)
- Session 5: Create balanced agreements that work (90 minutes)
- Session 6: Create win/win agreements (90 minutes)
Each weekly session is followed up with an exercise to reinforce negotiation best practices and to receive virtual coaching feedback.
*Participants are encouraged to email questions to our coaches and/or schedule individual phone/web calls during this program.
- Effective Negotiation Skills Workbook
- OlsenGroup Negotiation Preparation Worksheet
- Individual Temperament Analysis Report
Fee: $1,495 per individual.
Please inquire about specific dates.